The following are the current job opening at The Closet:
Volunteer Coordinator (Part-time)
The Volunteer Coordinator ensures that the interests of volunteers are served and that the volunteer force remains well staffed. The Volunteer Coordinator will work to actively recruit volunteers for The Closet Thrift Shop. The candidate must be skilled at using various marketing tools, including electronic databases, social media, e-mail, written communications of various types, and outreach events. The candidate must be detail-oriented and organized, requiring work on several projects at once. The Volunteer Coordinator must be outgoing and communicate effectively with a variety of people.
Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week
$15 per hour
The Store Manager
1. Develops and manages an effective volunteer recruitment and retention strategy to maximize the use of volunteers.
2. Works with church, social, civic, and local organizations to develop partnerships to utilize volunteers at The Closet in a fulfilling and productive manner.
3. Manages the scheduling of volunteers to ensure that the store has sufficient volunteer coverage.
4. Reports to the Executive Committee on volunteer activities as needed including volunteer concerns and feedback.
5. Works with the Volunteer Relations Committee to develop and implement training designed to assure that all volunteers understand their duties and responsibilities as representatives of The Closet Thrift Store.
6. Coordinates Volunteer Orientation and Training.
7. Works cooperatively with volunteers of various ages and backgrounds.
8. Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
9. Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
1. Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
2. Team-oriented to achieve organizational objectives
3. Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure
4. Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities
6. Computer Proficiency
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does oversee the entire volunteer force.
When working alongside volunteers, the Volunteer Coordinator may lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work can vary depending on the season and current needs. The Volunteer Coordinator will have scheduled in-store hours during normal store operating hours.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Prior experience as a volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer.
2. Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Gene Wiley
The Closet of the Greater Herndon Area, Inc.